Monday, January 23, 2012

Big Sandwiches and Happy Little Girls


I got a bit of scrapbooking done over the weekend. I'm happy to say that I scrapped older photos from my storage binders for these two layouts. They are both personality pages, which I love to create the most. And I have to say that I was able to combine two of my storage binders together because I've been scrapping so much that the oldest binder was getting sparse! Wahoo!

My design for this first layout is the January 15th sketch from Stuck! Sketches. The circle embellishments really appealed to me, and I wanted to stay true to the sketch. I try to make adaptations to the sketches I use, but I really liked this one as is. Here's the sketch:


And here's my take on the sketch:

Products Used:  Cardstock: The Paper Company - Patterned Paper: Making Memories & AdornIt - Flower: Prima - Circle Stickers: My Mind's Eye, Jillibean Soup & Heidi Grace - Letter Sticker: Heidi Grace - Butterfly Sticker: Basic Grey - Glimmer Mist: Tattered Angels - Ink: Colorbox - Die Cut Machine: Craft Robo - Circle & Scallop Circle Punch: Fiskars.


I found these pre-digital photos in my storage binder that showed a cute little personality trait of my oldest granddaughter when she was 18 months old. Blue is my favorite color, so I ran with it in my layout. Who said blue was for boys?

I’m trying to incorporate my handwriting more in my layouts. I really don’t care for my handwriting, but sometimes it looks better than type in some layouts. I felt this layout had a more playful feel to it, so handwriting seemed to fit with what I was going for.

This second layout was a fun one to put together.  I used Sketch # 66 from Sketches In Thyme for the design. Here's the sketch:



  And here is my layout:

Products Used:  Cardstock: The Paper Co. - Patterned Paper: Kaiser Craft, Scribble Scrabble, Making Memories & My Mind's Eye - Ribbon: Robert Stanley - Memories Mist: Superior - Purple Flowers & Brad: Recollections by Michael's - Stamp: Pink Paislee - Ink: Colorbox & Versa Magic - Die Cut Machine Product: Craft Robo - Tags: Unknown.



My circle cutting tool doesn't make a big enough circle to match the sketch, so I used a dinner plate to trace a circle on my patterned paper and free hand cut it. 

I also used the color palette from C.S.I. Case #3 challenge  on this layout. It is a softer color palette than the last two challenges have had. 



I first sifted through my patterned paper to see what colors I could come up with in my stash that would match the color scheme. I had an idea of the main photo I was going to use, so that helped me decide which direction to go, (product wise and story wise). After I chose a few papers that would work, I found a couple of embellishments that could work with the colors and design. I ended up only using a couple of the items I chose, and instead  I fussy cut roses from the flip side of one of my patterned papers. And I'll say it again, I need to shop for some purple "ish" product for my stash. It is most definitely the color I have the least of.

For the C.S.I. challenge, beside using products in the color scheme, I used tags, sheer ribbon and the circular shape from the "Evidence" category. From the "Testimony" category, I wrote my journaling on the tags and wrote it in a 2nd person point of view. Pardon my scan of the layout, it chopped off part of my ribbon bows and every time I put it on the scanner, the ribbons would cover my journaling. But you get the idea. I have to tell you, these challenges have been really fun. Check their site out if you haven't already.

4 comments:

Lea said...

Ooh, I love the blue and white color combo! And the fussy cut flowers in the second layout are beautiful. I've been tempted to sign up for CSI, looks like they have some unique challenges.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh these are BOTH adorable!!! LOVING that second photo (on the right) on that first lo!!!! Toooooooooooooo cute! :):):):):):):):):):):)

spikeyjen said...

I just love your style Debbie, you do use the colors and patterns together so well. They are such cute photos and the grandies will love to look through these as the years roll on.

wendipooh13 said...

wonderful pages and love the tags for journaling on the side!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Sketches in Thyme!!!