Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Sketches and Color Combo Challenges

I was lucky enough to have Sunday and Monday mornings all to myself to create three layouts. It was unexpected and very much appreciated! Want to see what I did?

First, I gave the color combo from Sketches With Color a try. This is a new sketch and color combo site created by a fellow Design Team member Brenshevia. I'm loving this color combination of pink & black! Here's the color challenge:



And here is the sketch:



Love both of them! Here is my take on the sketch using the color combo:



During our recent trip to Disneyland, our youngest granddaughter had to have this pink, (her favorite color), pirate costume. She used all the money she had saved to take on the trip to purchase it. She did have a wee bit of buyers remorse later, but she knew it was her choice and didn't complain. She just shared with us that she wished she hadn't spent all her money on the one thing. 

95% of the product I used on this layout is old stash!! Love it when I can make this happen and still love my layout! The Pirate titles are from Rusty Pickle. Remember them? 

The second layout I created was inspired by this awesome sketch from Frosted Designs:



Here's my layout:



This sketch was perfect for me to showcase our little Fall Boy! I used some yummy new Little Yellow Bicycle/Acorn Hollow collection for this layout. The banner pieces are from Lily Bee Designs, but they matched quite nicely.


And I was also able to create a layout with Sketch #78 from Sketchabilities:




Here's my layout:



This was created with some older product from the Kaisercraft/Blae & Ivy Collection that was hiding in my stash! What's funny is that when I was thinking about embellishments, I thought of these chipboard pieces from Heidi Grace Designs that I had thrown in a box that I keep purged items in. I dug in there and rescued them. I think they worked great for this layout! Who would of thunk it! 

I challenge you to dig into your stash and see what you can come up with! I'm glad I did!

20 comments:

Brenshevia Baker said...

Beautiful page, great job with the colors Debbie! Thank you for playing with us at SWC!

Elizabeth said...

Great layouts, Debbie. I like your interpretations of the sketches, your paper/colour combinations and choice of embellishments. All very nice. Elizabeth

Pat said...

Debbie love all 3 of your LOs!!! Love the papers you used & the title of the 1st one. Thanks for playing @ SWC

Melinda Garner said...

Wow! You've been busy, and you've turned out some fantastic layouts! You did great on the color challenge! Glad to see a fellow DT member come play with us at SWC!

Alison said...

Great pages...love the pirate costume!
Alison xx

Pam said...

Great LOs ! I can totally see my daughter doing the same thing with that costume.

Belle à cropper said...

Great layouts !!! thanks for playing with us at SWC !!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are ROCKIN' girl!! I love love love that second to last one with all the leaves!!!!!!!

Bárbara Caitete said...

Great jobs! Thanks for playing at SWC!

Ashley Horton said...

You are a busy bee, Debbie!! I love all of these pages!! Great work! And I especially love the way you used the leaves along your border on the FD sketch!! So cute! Thanks for playing along with us @ Frosted Designs!! :)

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Debbie, your layouts are awesome! Love all the layers.... :)

BrendaB said...

Love all your layouts, Debbie! You accomplished a lot with your unexpected scrappy time! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

Joni Parker said...

Wow..gorgeous layouts!! Love them all!! The fall boy one for Frosted is totally awesome!! Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!!

Sanna said...

beuatiful pages, Debbie!! so glad you joined us at Sketchabilities!!

Anita Scroggins said...

Love your pages Debbie. I am your newest follower,, would love it if you could hop over to my blog and follow along too. I also have some blog candy right now! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!!

Deedee Horton said...

Great pages! Love what you did with both sketches.

Kátia Cris said...

Beautiful pages, Debbie! I loved!
Congrats!

Elisa Delatore said...

wow, what a beautiful Pirates LO! You used the Sketch very well! Congratulations!
Great LOs
Thanks for playing at SWC!

Elisa Delatore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aline Marengo said...

Hi Debbie

How many beautiful things you did ... all very neat!

Hugs!