Friday, December 14, 2012

S.O.S. Circles and My Friday Finds


This month at Scrap Our Stash, we challenge you to create a layout with circular elements. Who doesn't love working with circles! 



When I found out this month's challenge was to use circular elements, my mind started racing. I love working with circles, and the possibilities are endless. I decided to get out my trusty circle punch and started punching away at some My Mind's Eye scraps I had in my scrap box. I pulled out my last bits of the "Follow Your Heart" collection and went to town. I hope you will take on the challenge and join us.

Now for My Friday Finds

1) I've never created a canvas project, but this one by Virginia & Charlie looks awesome! I really would like to try this sometime. I love white on white. 

2) These giant stars at a Little Bit Funky would be gorgeous around the house at Christmas time and would be a fun craft to do.

3) I love the paper bead tutorial at Papervine. These necklaces would be an awesome gift and would be great to use up those gorgeous and vibrant patterned papers we all have on hand.

4) This magazine Christmas Tree tutorial at Martha Stewart's website looks fairly simple and would be a great Christmas craft for kids, with a little help from their parents.

Well, that's it for now. Can you believe there is only 11 more days until Christmas? Ready or not, it's around the corner!

Have a wonderful and safe weekend!

Update: Please take a moment and say a prayer for those families in Connecticut that are hurting today. Those who lost loved ones, and those who are in this tight knit community that had this happen way too close to home.  Also prayers should be said for the fire fighters, emergency personnel, hospital staff, police and school staff that had to take part and help in the aftermath. It's unacceptable that these type of tragedies continue to take place. 

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I really need to get a circle punch! I know, I know, it's ridiculous that I don't have one given all the other stuff I do have. What a cute layout. And I adore Follow Your Heart.

Ashley Horton said...

Such a cute page Debbie!! Love the way you incorporated the circles and they mix well with the other shapes that you have on your layout!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such a tragic day!! I am saddened beyond belief for the families ...

I loveeeeeeeee your lo!! I love love love the photos, the colors and loving the sunshine tag!!!!

Sheila said...

Love your layout---circles are so much fun to use :)

S said...

Love the page - MME is so soothing, isn't it. And I'll have to catch up on your Friday picks after the holidays - I'm trying to stay focused.

Tracey Sabella said...

You totally rocked using the circles. I love, love the inked circle borders!! I created my first canvas this summer and need to do another one and soon. ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/