Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Camera Love and Upcoming LGS Blog Hop!

It seems like I've only been finding the time to work on my design team layouts lately, and I want to get back in the groove and join in with other challenges as well. I have met so many wonderful friends and gained so much inspiration from all of the scrapbook challenge sites, and I feel like I've been missing out.  I'm ready to put the peddle to the metal and get some more scrapping done!

It took me all day, but I was able to create a layout using a sketch from Shimelle's blog sketches. Here's the sketch I worked with:



I found a neutral background paper from Pink Paislee that I thought would work well for my base. Then I went to my box of scraps and found some patterned papers that I could use to create the layered strips. Here is what I came up with:


.

The topic for my layout was inspired by the S.W.A.T. - Drill #1 challenge, "All About You". My journaling turned out to be much more than I planned on adding, but I wanted to include the details and comparisons of how my photo taking has changed over the years as well as how the cameras that I have used have evolved. I am happy to have been able to join in on the fun at S.W.A.T., and look forward to joining in on more challenges in the future.

I also want to give you a heads up on something fun that is coming up real soon! Let's Get Sketchy is turning "1", and we will be having a birthday blog hop and prize giveaways all month long! 



Be sure to mark your calendars!

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

17 comments:

Melinda Garner said...

Debbie, what a fantastic layout! I love that you have pulled out old pictures of you with the camera! Excellent journaling! Thank you for joining us at S.W.A.T.! It's nice when friends play along! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this! WOW!! LOVING the photos of you, the colors, the tabs with the decades, the way you journaled!!! Just absolutely FABULOUS!!!!

And wouldn't be awesome if we could call out a 'i need to scrapbook' day at work?!?!?! LOL :)

Buffy Esser said...

All I can say is Wow, I really love this page and you nailed the sketch perfectly! the journaling is amazing....I have such a hard time with the journaling, not that I don't write it always its just hard for me to get what I want to say on to the paper lol awesome Job!

Alison said...

Love what you did with Shimelle's sketch...the colours are great together!
Alison xx

Heather Landry said...

I really love the series of photos over the years and your layout turned adorably too. I love that you were able to include so much journaling.

Ashley Horton said...

Fabulous page Debbie!! Love the way you incorporated the long journaling and the use of the wood veneer cameras!

Sue Althouse said...

Such a wonderful page! Love the colors and the design. I'm always impressed when someone has that much journaling on a page, and I know that takes time to do!

Michele said...

I've been eying this sketch from Shimelle, I love your take on it! Thanks so much for joining us with S.W.A.T.'s very first challenge!!

Sherri said...

I hate it when a lo just won't come together. I had one this week like that too. I was very happy with the end result though, and didn't stress over it, I just had to walk away from it twice. This looks beautiful though Debbie, well worth the effort.

Tracey Sabella said...

You totally rocked this sketch. Love the personal touch with your journaling!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Ange said...

Love your fun use of cameras! Great photo strip and fun layout!!

The Nonna said...

Debbie... Your work is so lovely. Great job and awesome work on the amount of huge journaling - now I'll definitely remember this sketch if I have a big story.

Charity said...

well you just put all MY journaling attempts to shame!!! LOL. Great L/o. Thanks for linking up with SWAT

Becci said...

That's a fun take on the challenge - great job! :)
thanks for joining us at the SWAT blog!

Alison Day said...

Love what you did with Shimelle's sketch! I hear you about only doing DT scrapping. I feel the same way right now. Shimelle's got some fantastic sketches that I'm itching to try but ... only so many hours in the day and too many assignments right now. :(
Love your pictures through the years. How fabulous! Thanks for joining us at S.W.A.T!

Lanette said...

Love this LO Debbie its beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along with us at S.W.A.T!

Lisa P said...

What a great layout about you! Thanks for playing at SWAT.