Monday, January 20, 2014

Another Layout For The Heritage Album

Good morning! How are you? Did you get any scrapping in this weekend? I sure hope you squeezed in some crafty time. I was able to get one layout completed yesterday just for the fun of it. You can see it here if you missed it.

Today at Let's Get Sketchy we have our January Week 3 sketch up. The sketch was created by Design/Sketch Team member Bev Code. Here's the sketch:

January Week 3 Sketch


I have various ongoing albums that I'm working on. One of which is a Heritage album that has photos of our family members from their earlier years. Today's layout and photos are of my husband's older sister Judy. Here's my layout:


I used a mix of old and somewhat new products on this layout. The background paper is from Daisy D's. I think they have been out of business since 2009. Every time I went through my stash to purge items, I just couldn't get rid of it. Now I'm super glad that I hung onto it! The other two patterned papers are from Pebbles/Basics and 7 Gypsies. The pretty yellow Bazzill Basics acrylic flowers I acquired recently from a stash exchange with my friend Julie. Thanks Julie! 

I only have two more pages to create for my Heritage album and it will be up to date. But I would be more than happy to inherit more vintage photos! 

I hope you will go over to Let's Get Sketchy and check out the Design Team reveal. Team A of the Design Team is up for the reveal. But as always, I played along just for fun! I hope you will too! This month's grand prize is a free online class of your choice at My Creative Classroom.

Have a great week! Keep scrapping and being crafty!

Follow on Bloglovin

28 comments:

LisaM said...

Love that background paper and WTG on using it!
Beautiful layout!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

YAY!! So happy you got to use the flowers!!! I love love love love this! LOVING those photos and the colors!!!!!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

PS ... YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!! http://tsurutadesigns.blogspot.com/2014/01/happiness-ead-designs-blog-hop-winners.html

Bev said...

fabulous layers, great take on sketch and love the photos

Kerry said...

Such a sweet page Debbie and the overall look with the older photo's looks fantastic! xx

blbabe1234 said...

Beautiful heritage page. Really love the colors you chose.

Leslie Germain said...

Love your use of the sketch on this heritage layout. Lovely!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Super layout, Debbie! I love the flowers. I went to a crop this past weekend and I was able to get a card and four layouts done. Yay! :)

Melissa Vining said...

I love how your page draws me to the beautiful photos! Love the mix of patterns and colours that you've used, and awesome that you're working on lots of different albums!

Chelsea said...

beautiful mix of patterns and florals!

Pat said...

Love the great photos & the papers are perfect!

Melissa said...

What a great sketch! I like the colors in your layout with those black & white photos - perfect!

Sue Althouse said...

Love those photos and your mix of patterned papers! Wonderful page.

wendipooh13 said...

totally LOVIN your heritage page!!! yours always come out sooo well, great color choices too!!!

Tiiu said...

Great layout, and great job using up the stash! Stash swap sounds like a fabulous idea!

Ashley Horton said...

Great heritage layout, Debbie! Love how you pulled the Yellow and Green from the background paper!

Carla said...

Great take on the sketch - love the vintage photos!

MichelleMc said...

This is such a beautiful heritage page, Debbie! Love your photos and those papers!

Tone-Lill said...

A really fab LO Debbie. Love the retro look on your page, and i love the photos too :)

Heather Landry said...

The little bow on this page is so classy! I love it to bits. Very lovely heritage page Debbie!

Monique Liedtke said...

Loving your vintage photos and the idea of a heritage album! What an awesome combination of papers!!

Cheryl Caldwell-Nyboer said...

What a sweet heritage page, Debbie.

I was out of the blogging world for a few days, but I'm back. I'd love for you to stop by and become a follower.

This will take you back to Google, where my blog link is, but in case you get lost, my new blog is {CREATE} and the address is cherylndesignscreate.blogspot.com

Cherished said...

Beautiful Page.

S said...

Nicely scrapped, those top papers definitely complement to flower one. I have some paper like that too - old as the hills but still pretty. I need to dip back into the oldies but goodies more often.

Lynn Good said...

Beautiful heritage page. Very well co-ordinated. Thanks for playing with us at LGS

Valerie's HeART said...

I love the color choices. It really pulls the vintage photos out of the past and brings them to life. :)

Devra said...

I love how you play along just because. :-) love the page.

Buffy Esser-Burnside said...

Fabulous page Debbie...yeah yeah I am behind LOL nothing new there! I love idea of a heritage album!