Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hello Two Page Layout, It's Been Awhile

Hello there. Currently I am trying to go through my photos systematically.  I am trying to decide which photos are going into my pocket page albums, and which ones will go onto regular layouts. I have different boxes of photos and different albums going all at one time. I'm trying to visit them often so I don't have to refresh my memory every time I come back to a certain group of photos.

Right now, I am working on photos from back in 1980 when my son was a baby.


 Album of misc. photos from 1979-1980

I've also went back to 2012 to create some pocket pages, since I've scrapped many of the photos from that year already. 


Album of misc. photos from 2012


But there are quite a few photos left that are from events or weekend getaways that I wanted to create a few two page layouts for. That's where the two page layout sketch I found this week comes in!

Have you heard of Stick It Down? They are a fairly new challenge blog and I am thrilled with the two page sketch they have for this week's challenge. Every 4th Tuesday they will have a double page sketch for us to play with. Check them out! Here's the sketch:


'
And here's my layout created with photos of a trip we took to Cottonwood, Arizona a couple of years ago. One of the fun places we visited was the Blazin' M Ranch.



I love this simple sketch. With so many photos, you don't want the elements you use on your layout to outshine your photos.

I used embellishments and patterned papers from the Echo Park/Reflections collection. I thought the colors in this collection went nicely with my photos.

I hope you will have a chance to check out Stick It Down. I am glad I did. They helped me get some more of my precious photos scrapped and into my albums.

Keep scrapping friends!

Follow on Bloglovin

26 comments:

Darcy said...

Love what you did with the sketch and so glad you found us! I love your pocket pages too. Thank you for playing along with is at Stick it Down!

wendipooh13 said...

way to go!!! great PL pages!! I need to go back to older photos and do that also!!! wonderful 2 pgr layter also!! looks like a fun place!!

Kerry said...

Such an awesome colour palette on your double page Debbie. I will have to check out this new site as I really like that sketch too. TFS. xx

Tracey said...

Loving your take on the sketch Debbie!! Thanks for joining us at SID!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great way to sort your photos and get them on pages!! I loveeeeeeeeeee these!! LOVING all the photos and loving the colors on your lo!!!!!!

Leslie Germain said...

Love your PL pages of your son! Such a fun way to reminisce. Also love your two page layout - great take on that fun sketch!

Tasha said...

Great take on the sketch. I love your color choices, gives the perfect feel for the layout. Thanks so much for joining us at SID!

Chelsea said...

I love that dark woodgrain paper, it goes for the overall feel! WTG getting those photos in albums!

shelby said...

Glad you found us! Thanks for playing along

Melissa Vining said...

I'm loving your pocket pages! What a great way to go back and scrap older photos and memories. Love your double page layout too!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Excellent job with the sketch!!! Thanks for playing with us @SID!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Loving your wonderful pocket pages and layout, Debbie! Thanks for the heads up on the new site. :)

Colleen said...

What a fun and colorful page. Thanks for playing with us at SID.

Jessica said...

Wonderful take on the sketch. It looks like a fun trip you took. Thanks for playing along with us at SID.

Heather Landry said...

I have to tell you that your pocket pages inspired me and I chose to use pocket pages to scrap my entire Christmas this past year in only a few days.

I love your take on the sketch. Thanks SO much for linking me to the new challenge blog too.

blbabe1234 said...

Love your take on the sketch! And love the pocket pages - great way to use up some photos!

MichelleMc said...

Beautiful two pager! The papers compliment your photos perfectly. And I love your PL pages!

Monique Liedtke said...

Wow, I'm really impressed you're doing the PL pages for your son's album! I wish I would have the patience to do that! Your PL spreads are so awesome! Also loving your two pager! those photos are so fun!

Phillis Walrath said...

What a beautiful LO!! Thanks for playing along with us at SID!!

Smellykat said...

nice lay-out! thank you for playing with us at SID!!!

Laurie LaRiviere said...

great two pager and awesome PL pages, I really need to try that... :)

Wendy Wieland Brassart said...

Hi Debbie! That was a fun sketch to use! You did a fabulous job on your layout! I also give you credit for working on several projects at once! That is impressive!

Cheryl Caldwell-Nyboer said...

What a great idea, Debbie ~ I LOVE pocket pages!!

Isn't it a big job to keep track of all the photos???

kel Acopan said...

Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down!

lovies, =o) kel
SID Double Page DT

LisaM said...

Love both of your pages Debbie! Love that you are getting those older photos scrapped.

Brenshevia Baker said...

Great take on the sketch, thanks for joining us at SID!