Monday, January 27, 2014

Oh Boy! Another New Sketch!

Hello, hello, hello! Happy Monday to you all! I'm stopping in today to share the January Week 4 sketch from Let's Get Sketchy with you. 
January Week 4 Sketch
Sketch created by Tabitha Triplett

The photo I wanted to use for today's layout was a different orientation than the one shown in the sketch, but you can always easily adapt the sketches to suit your needs. I liked the "shelf" design of the main elements, so I worked off of that. I kept my journaling in the same area as the sketch, and the diagonal flow of the embellishments as well. I decided to emphasis the "shelf" by layering many different embellishments. I've seen this done a lot lately, and I thought it would be a good way to give weight to the "shelf", and use up hoarded embellishments all in one shot! I love the results, and it was fun!

Supplies:
PP's: Echo Park/Bundle Of Joy Collection
Felt Stars: Making Memories/Pitter Patter Collection
Heart Banner Cut File: Kerry Bradford Freebies
Chipboard: Bella Blvd and K&Company
Word Stickers and Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye

I really hope you will find some time to join us this week at Let's Get Sketchy. Come on, you know you wanna!

I also want to share, before I sign off for today, a photo that was taken of a dear bloggy/crafty friend and myself this last week. Alison, from "Life In The Slow Lane", was in Arizona from Spain last week and we met for coffee. It was our first meeting, and she is as lovely in person as she is on her blog. We had a nice little visit. It's so wonderful to meet those of you that are such great supporters on the world wide web in person!


Photo commandeered from Alison's blog
Have a wonderful week. 

Follow on Bloglovin

23 comments:

Jacqui said...

Love your embellishments on your layout!

Kerry said...

Lovely layout Debbie and my daughter had surgery on her face when she was one, such a worry when the go under anaesthetic! Must have been lovely to meet up with someone from blog land in person. Hope you have a great day. xx

LisaM said...

How wonderful that you got to meet Alison IRL!
Love your sweet, sweet page. I am going to have to try putting my stuff on the shelf, I love it!

Laura said...

What a sweet page, love the way you worked with the shelf design!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! I love love love the colors, the photo, the stars and the heart banner! And how fun to meet a scrappy friend in person! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Alison said...

Love all the elements you used for the shelf design!...and I had so much fun meeting you ;it's always great to meet someone who 'gets' scrapping and blogging!
Alison xx

Pat said...

This is such a sweet page!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Awww, this is one precious page, Debbie! I love how you adapted the sketch and I adore the mix of embellishments you used to create the border!

Sheila Burns said...

Love this layout! Those yellow hearts are perfect!

Lili Sulastri said...

Such a sweet page. Pretty embellishments, too.
That is truly a wonderful opportunity for you to meet your friend Allison.

Melissa said...

How fun that you got to meet Alison!

I like the way you added all those embellishments to the shelf! Great layout.

Leslie Germain said...

Love your take on the sketch. I will def try to play along. I attended a crop this weekend - think I used some LGS sketches. Will be linking up. And how neat that you were able to meet another scrappy friend!!! :)

Valerie's HeART said...

Ryan's look in this photo is PRICELESS and your direct our eye well with the layout and embellishments. Well done!

blbabe1234 said...

What an amazing layout! Beautiful!

Chelsea said...

I love this page!! The heart banner and fun elements rock!

Ashley Horton said...

Such a sweet page Debbie!! Love the combo of Blue and Green on your page!

Sue Althouse said...

Love your take on the sketch and all those lovely embellishments! How great that you and Alison got to meet. I follow her blog, too.

Cheryl Caldwell-Nyboer said...

OHHHHHH what a gorgeous layout, Debbie!! I LOVE LOVE all of that journaling ~ and that picture!!!

Isn't it wonderful how we have such good scrappy online friends? What a wonderful community ~ I agree.

SO awesome that you got to meet IRL!!

Laurie LaRiviere said...

love your layout and love that you met a friend! so cool :)

Nathalie said...

I really like what you have done with the "shelve" and all the embellies! This is a really cute page! And what fun it must have been to meet Alison in person! We have been swap partners a couple of time and would have loved meeting here IRL ;)

MichelleMc said...

This is just too precious! Love the colors, cute heart banner, and stars! Beautiful work!

Carol Peixoto said...

Lovely page! I love how you arranhed all the embellishments!

Heather Landry said...

I love the way you embellished "The shelf". Such an adorable scrapbook page Debbie! Thanks for stopping by my blog today.