Saturday, January 18, 2014

Working Through Those Older Photos

Hello there friends! Lately I have been working through my son's photos to complete his childhood scrapbook album. He's 34 years old now, so I think it's about time I did that. I have made several layouts of him over the years, but there are still gaps here and there that I'm trying to fill. 

At Turtle Soup, one of the January Mini Crop Challenges is to scrap the oldest Christmas photos you have on hand. The oldest ones I have that haven't already been scrapped are of my son's first Christmas. 


I pulled out some lovely patterned papers from my stash that are from the My Mind's Eye/Winter Wonderland collection. The background paper is from the Bella Blvd/Freestyle Sophisticates collection. The rub on stars are from the Studio Calico/Classic collection. My journaling is on a tag that is tucked behind the photos.

Also drew inspiration for my layout from Challenge #6 at 1,2,3 Get Scrappy! I chose to use an old book page, the color blue and stars on my layout

  
They are having a Design Team call right now. You should go check it out. I really like playing along with them when I get a chance. They are a great bunch of talented designers and their challenges are fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you can join me at Turtle Soup or 1,2,3 Get Scrappy! Together, we will all get some layouts done for our albums and have some fun in the process! Keep scrapping!

20 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

ahhh super cute page, LOVE all the stars and the blues on the page!!!

Pat said...

Love the pics & I really like how you outlined the title! Thanks for joining us @123 Get Scrappy.

Ashley Horton said...

This page is awesome, Debbie!! Love the grid design, and the light Blue you added in on a Christmas layout! And my philosophy is better late than never...so now you have those photos on a page!! :)

LisaM said...

I love the stars and blue, Debbie! WTG on scrapping those photos!

Kerry said...

How sweet Debbie! Your page looks so fresh and bright and it's so satisfying to be using up those old pics, I'm trying to do that too. xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love this!! LOVING those sweet photos, the colors, the grid design and the stars!! Just gorgeous my friend!!!!

Valerie's HeART said...

Debbie...I have missed you! Thanks for jumping right back into your kind encouragement. I am always refreshed and left smiling by your work. This layout is no exception. It is a delight to the eye...and that is a challenge with older photos. Beautiful.

Alison said...

Such a cute layout, Debbie....not sure if you got my email, but I am in Phoenix for a couple of days....we leave Wednesday night. If you have a spare hour to meet up for coffee you can email me at
alison 290atlivedotcodotuk....it would be lovely to meet you!
Alison xx

blbabe1234 said...

This is great Debbie! Love the grid format.

Melissa Vining said...

Such a darling page! Good on you for scrapping older photos, I'm trying to do the same thing!

Chelsea said...

Really great page, good job on getting old photos scrapped and combining a few challenges with it!

S said...

Challenge pages can be so fun - yours turned out great. I need to get started again on older photos, I'm too easily tempted by more recent pics.

Bev said...

OMG love this one.. great job..

Leslie Germain said...

Adorable page.

Melissa said...

Great page & how fun to get these older photos scrapped in such a lovely way!

Chris said...

great layout!!!!!

Monique Liedtke said...

What an awesome layout! Love that you scrapped the photos of the 1st Christmas of your 34 year old son!! That gives me hope, lol! Love the red, white, blue color combination, especially for a Xmas layout!!

Heidi said...

What a gorgeous layout, I love the structure of the page and the colours are just perfect together, thanks for joining us at 123 get scrappy

Majo said...

Such a beautiful layout! Thanks for playing along at 1-2-3 Get Scrappy!!

Lizzie R said...

I am totally the same with the back log in scrapping. Better late than never! And this layout is worth the wait! So very cute! Great job! Thanks for joining us over at 123 Get Scrappy!