Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I'm The Guest Designer At Stick It Down Today!

Hello there scrappy friends. How was your weekend? I'm back today with a double page layout that I created for Stick It Down. I was chosen by them last month to be a Guest Designer today. Here's this month's double page sketch:



And here is my layout using the sketch:



I loved working with this fabulous double page sketch. It worked perfectly for the mix of photos and patterned papers that I wanted to work with. I used patterned papers from the Studio Calico/Atlantic collection, Autumn Press & Creative Imaginations. The embellishments are from American Crafts, Webster's Pages & Studio Calico. I used a definite mix of old and new products on this layout. Be sure to check out the Design Team reveal at Stick It Down! They have some awesome other challenges for the month as well. 

Before I go, I want to also share a couple of layouts that I created for the Big Picture Classes workshop "Sketch Solutions". It's taught by Donna Jannuzzi and goes on for four weeks. Registration is still open until May 28th.

These are the two layouts that I created for Lesson 1:



(Patterned papers that I used are from Webster's Pages/Recorded collection.)


(Patterned papers used are from the 7 Dots Studio/Hopefully collection.)


I took the first sketch that was offered, and created a 12 X 12 layout.  I then decided to adapt it for an 8 1/2 X 11 layout as well. I've said it before and I will say it again, I love working with sketches. They make the process of putting a layout together so much faster.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. Happy Scrapping.

Follow on Bloglovin

24 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Yay! Congratulations on the guest spot, Debbie! Loving all of the layouts!

MichelleMc said...

These are beautiful, Debbie! Especially love the 2 pager with the photos from your honeymoon. Love the photos & that camera washi tape.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS on the GDT!!! These are gorgeous!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeee them!!

Ashley Horton said...

Congrats on your Guest spot, Debbie!! I really love the double pager you created!!

wendipooh13 said...

congrats on being a GDT!!! that is exciting and your 2 pgr is amazing!!! LOVE LOVE seeing you use the sketch on two sizes of pages!!! way to go!!!!

Alison said...

Congrats on the Guest Spot, Debbie...great layouts and I especially love how you've adapted the BPC one for two sizes!
Alison xx

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kerry said...

What a wonderful collection of layouts Debbie and so beautifully embellished! My fav is the Simple Pleasures one at the end - I love the colour combo and the sweet photos. TFS and I'm off to have a gander at the links you posted. xx

Leslie Germain said...

Love all your layouts!! LOVE how the product on the two page sketch matches the pictures And the squared off look of the photos and title in the second layout. All amazing layouts!!

blbabe1234 said...

Congrats on being the GD. Great two pager. Love it!

Melissa said...

What a great two-page sketch & I really like the papers you chose for your layout! Congrats on being the guest designer!

Lisa said...

No wonder you were invited to be GD when you work with sketches so well! The double spread is great ( I ought to do more spreads) and the two class layouts show just how versatile sketches can be. Just great!

Tracey said...

Glad to have you as a Guest with us at Stick it Down!! Your layouts are fantastic!!

Juliana Michaels said...

Congrats on your guest spot! Love your take on the sketch and that is such a fab double page layout!!!

Tasha said...

I love your stake on the Sketch for SID!

I'm also in the Sketch Solutions class and love how you used the first sketch! I don't know about you but it was a hard one for me.

Cheryl said...

What awesome layouts, Debbie!! Congrats on being Guest Designer!!

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheryl Caldwell-Nyboer said...

I'm REALLY not losing it. LOL I was logged in on the wrong account. LOVE your layouts, Debbie!!

Ange said...

Congrats on the gdt! Love your layout, you did awesome with the sketch!!
Same sketch 2 dif sizes of layouts, fab!! You did great with those!

Monique Liedtke said...

Huge congrats on your GDT spot!! Love the sketch and what you did with it!! And love your other pages too!

Tracey Sabella said...

What gorgeous pages, Debbie!! You totally rocked these sketches! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace

Solange J. said...

Congrats! Love your double page layout, so well-balanced with such a pretty color palette, and the others are great too.

Heather Landry said...

Congrats on your guest designer spot! You definitely rocked it! The paper you chose is perfect for the pictures. Just lovely!

Tone-Lill said...

Congrats on your guest spot Debbie... You double page is awesome ....I love the papers and photos too. Hope you had a great weekend :)