Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Liebster Award - Discover New Blogs!

I have been nominated by Michelle from Michelle's Scrap Designs to participate in the Liebster Award! Thanks so much Michelle! I am very honored. The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is a way to bring attention to these blogs and build the blogging community. The meaning of Liebster is German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind. pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. I will begin by sharing the rules:

1. Thank the blogger who nominates you.
2. Answer the 10 questions she/he asks of you.
3. List 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
5. Ask these 10 bloggers 10 questions of your own.
6. Let them know you have mentioned them.

My 10 random facts,some of which very few people know: 


1) I thought I was an only child until I turned 38 years old and found out I had a sister.
2) My Grandfather was my main caregiver for most of my life.
3) I am not a great cook and it's not my favorite thing to do.
4) I have a great memory when it comes to non important things. Like names of songs, movies, and actors.
5) When it comes to scrapbooking, embellishing the page is what I struggle with the most.
6) My favorite color is Aqua.
7) Ice Cream is my Kryptonite.
8) When I was a kid, I loved to clean the fish after we caught them.
9) I love being alone more than I should.
10) I hate talking on the phone!
11) It takes me forever to read a book. I usually fall asleep after a couple of pages!


Here are the questions Michelle asked:

1) If you could meet 1 famous person, (alive or deceased), who would you want that to be? Tom Hanks
2) What place would you most like to visit? England
3) What is you "must have" tool when scrapping? Paper Trimmer
4) If you could change 1 thing about yourself, what would that be? Be naturally thin
5) What is your least favorite color to scrap with? Purple
6) Do you listen to music, or do you prefer the quiet while you're creating? I like to listen to music & podcasts
7) Describe yourself in three words: Shy, Caring, Polite
8) What is your favorite movie? Forrest Gump
9) Are you an early bird or a night owl? Night Owl
10) Share a photo of our favorite project:


The 10 blogs I have chosen to nominate are:


5) Cheryl - {Create}
7) Alison - Life in the Slow Lane
8) Brandy - Brandy's Lab
9) Valerie - From Valerie's HeART
10) Doreen - Scrapbookertink

My 10 questions for the above ladies are:

1) What is your go to crafting item lately?
2) What is your favorite book that you have read?
3) Would you rather take a car, train, or airplane to your travel destination?
4) Where is your favorite place to vacation?
5) What is your all time favorite dessert?
6) Do you have a nickname?
7) What is your worst phobia?
8) Do you have a lead foot when you drive, or do you take it nice and easy?
9) What's your favorite board game?
10) Paper or plastic?

This was fun Michelle. I hope that my nominees will find the time to play along!

Follow on Bloglovin

16 comments:

MichelleMc said...

Thanks for participating Debbie! Loved reading more about you =)

blbabe1234 said...

Thank you Debbie for nominating me! It was fun to "pay it forward!"
http://blbabe1234.wordpress.com/2014/05/21/liebster-award/

Kerry said...

Hi Debbie thanks so much for nominating me for the Liebster Award, such a lovely feeling to know that others think of you! I will try to get a post sorted in the next couple of days hopefully. xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loved reading more about you my friend!!!!!!

Lisa said...

thanks Debbie for nominating me! Very flattered! I don't drop by here often enough but I see a lot of your lovely creations on Flickr :-)
I will try to participate soon - have a few blog things in the next couple of weeks so it might be after that - I'll let you know!

Leslie Germain said...

Love reading and learning about you!!! <3

Melissa said...

Congrats Debbie & Thank You! I enjoyed reading all your answers & random facts - I liked cleaning the fish, too! I'll be answering your questions on my blog soon.

Cheryl said...

Thanks so much for the award, Debbie. What fun questions!!

Cheryl Caldwell-Nyboer said...

Haha I did it again ~ I signed in with the wrong gmail address.

wendipooh13 said...

ohhhh loved learning all about you!!! I'm the same way with reading books!!!

scrapbookertink said...

Thanks Debbie for the nomination you are so sweet! Loved reading more about you x

Valerie's HeART said...

Debbie...you honor me with the nomination and I will "pay it forward" soon by completing the questions. You really are a wonderful cheerleader and every post I go back and look for you. :) I LOVE your gift of working with sketches to their full potential and how your mix old stuff and new trendy things. I will link you in when I finish. You might get some hits from "LOAD" girls. Hugs and much gratitude.

Heather Landry said...

I'm right there with you on the ice cream and I love being alone too. I'd rather text than talk on the phone as well. We have a lot in common!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

It was so nice learning more about you, Debbie!

S said...

What fun to read your answers - I love Q & A posts. And, how sweet you are to have included me. But, I'm so far behind on posts I've already committed to, that I'm not sure I'll be able to chime. I do thank you all the same.

Melissa said...

Finally got around to answering your FUN questions on my blog today! Thanks again for the award - hope your summer is off to a great start!!