Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Sharing Some Layouts From iNSD Crop

Hello, Hello! It's been a busy week so far and I haven't had a chance to share a few layouts that I was able to create on International/National Scrapbook Day! I got together with some lovely ladies to scrapbook and have some good conversation. I didn't go too prepared, but I was able to get the foundations of my layouts done with photos, and then I added the extra fun touches to them when I got home.

My first layout was created for a challenge over at Disney Scrappers. The challenge was to scrap a parade or show. You were to also use pixie dust, in the form of enamel dots, confetti, sequins or glitter. And you needed to use a quote or phrase from that parade or show on the layout. 

I chose this sketch to use for my layout from Alison Davis's blog:




The photos were from the Pixar Block Party Bash at California Adventure during Disneyland's 50th Anniversary back in 2005. I used patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye/Boy Crazy collection as well as some Mickey paper from Paper Pizazz. 

This next layout was also created for a Disney Scrappers challenge. This challenge was to use a sketch, (there were two to choose from), and to a large photo. The sketch was created by Susan Stringfellow from Sketch Savvy.





I have to admit I redid my first take on this layout. My title was too crowded my first go around. But I'm much happier with this take. The patterned papers are from the Simple Stories/Vintage Bliss collection. The castle shaker box is from EK Success.

I had the photos and the sketch from this layout pulled quite awhile ago, but never got around to picking out the products. The sketch is from the now defunct challenge site Simple Sketches. So I decided to go ahead and create it just for fun.





I used patterned papers from the Echo Park/Brothers Mini collection & the Scoot collection. 

And lastly, this layout was created for my Big Picture Classes workshop Stash*Busters Anonymous. (I actually created it a week ago, just haven't been able to share it until now). The stash item we were concentrating on busting was journaling spots, labels or tags. I took a bunch of Colorbok Antique Paperie journaling spots and K&Co. Kelly Panacci die cuts and layered them up to frame the photo and embellishment clusters. The patterned papers were all scraps in my scrap box. Yeah!


This layout will live happily in the Heritage Album that I have been working on.

Well there you have it. I have enjoyed seeing all the layouts that all of you have created for various challenges during iNSD. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by and taking a look at all mine. Have a great rest of your week, and keep scrapping!

Follow on Bloglovin

18 comments:

MichelleMc said...

Wow! These are amazing Debbie! I loovvveee your Disney pages and the gorgeous page of your Great Great Grandma Lorena!

Melissa said...

Great layouts Debbie! Sounds like you had a wonderful National Scrapbook Day! (I missed it this year as we were out of town on a FUN trip.)

Ashley Horton said...

Awesome layouts for NSD, Debbie!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are AMAZING my friend! I always LOVE LOVE LOVE what you create!!!! Thank you so much for coming over this past Saturday night!! I always LOVE seeing you and hanging out with you!!!! And BROOKIE loved loved loved her Monster High goodies!! She says THANK YOU!!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee your pages! They are soooooo gorgeous!!!!!

Heather Landry said...

I love all of these projects, but my favorite would have to be the Disney one. I'm going to have to save that sketch as I've been working on scrapping my trip too. It seems like you had a great scrappy day!

wendipooh13 said...

way to go on getting all of these done!!! LOVE LOVE your disney pages, they are super fun and the other pages are amazing!!! great ob!!!

Kerry said...

Well done you! So many awesome pages, I hope you are suitably pleased with yourself! I LOVE the Disney Family layout, such a great photo, lovely colour palette and the little castle is so sweet. WTG. xx

S said...

It looks as though you were very productive to me. Love the variety of these pages - each has something special to say.

Chelsea said...

You got a lot done, I love the different colors and feels of all your pages!

Laurie LaRiviere said...

wow,you got a lot done and they are all fantastic! how fun that you were able to get together with friends on NSD :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a fabulous collection of layouts, Debbie! You were so productive! Love the photo reels on the first double-pager.

blbabe1234 said...

All layouts are beautiful!

Nathalie said...

Looks like you've got a lot more done than I did for iNSD! ove what you did with all those sketches! Great pages all around!

Valerie's HeART said...

My dear sweet Debbie...first I want to thank you for your sweet comments on my little blog. Yours is so fabulous and inspiring to me. I am still in awe of your sketch powers. I love the Disney layouts. That first one - I think I may lift it! Disney pages are always so fun and yours are fresh feeling. Hugs and thank for being a leader and a cheerleader.

scrapbookertink said...

Love them all Debbie you got loads done, the heritage one is precious x

Leslie Germain said...

Great pages! ALL of them!! Love the pixar themed one and the colors in the other Disney one!!! Absolutely LOVE the colors in the 1st son one and the heritage one is lovely!!! :) YOu have been busy!!!

Cheryl Caldwell-Nyboer said...

Awesome pages!! You got a lot done!!

Monique Liedtke said...

Wow, you got a lot done!! Love your pages! love especially that photo on the last page, how awesome to have such a photo!